Saturday, August 6, 2011

After some computer issues, I am back up and running again

My husband tried to warn me. But since I write after my boys go to bed until late, I am usually too tired to back up everything right away. We knew that the computer needed some work so we had most everything backed up. I just asked the we wait until I finished book 3- Keeper before doing any of the required maintenance.

I finished Keeper on Friday evening and printed it out. Seriously glad I did that! On Sunday morning, after 2 1/2 hours on Saturday night spent editing Keeper, the computer went to a screen that I had never seen before. My husband tried everything he knew (a lot!) and it would not allow us to retrieve that information. I lost the last 2 weeks changes to books 2 & 3. Thankfully, I had finished Keeper on Friday or I would have lost over half of it. But I learned a valuable lesson from this experience. . . .no matter how tired you are . . . back up your work! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment