Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1 month tomorrow. And pictures, pictures, pictures!

Since Fated came out 1 month ago tomorrow, I have already had 1 book signing, an article in the paper, and a possible radio interview, I thought that it was time to get some pictures taken that I can use for publicity and events. What an adventure (as my friends on Facebook can attest to)!

I had my husband take some nice pictures, that turned out well. Since neither he nor I are professional photographers, though, we didn't realize that the background was too dark, and my dark hair and dark shirt blended too much for me to crop myself out of the pictures without looking like I cropped myself out of the pictures. So, we re-shot them against a lighter background, with several different outfits, and I got some more good shots. I wasn't, however, able to duplicate my favorite pose from the first batch.

I spent some time tonight trying to work with that original picture that I liked from the first batch to see if I could get myself out of it and onto a lighter background. I do believe that I have succeeded! But, that leaves me with several very good images to choose from. I have put them on my Facebook and asked for opinions. I plan on using the ones that are the most popular with my friends. I really appreciate all of those that helped me to choose.

As for Fated, I keep spreading word about it, and it seems to keep generating interest in whomever I speak to about it. I hope that means that in another month it has grown even more in popularity with the word of mouth from myself, my test readers, and those of the public that have read it. Don't forget that Guardian is due to be released in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment